Visit Hank's Blog
- January 3, 2018--Early spring after up & down winter.
- Nice weather 'til July and then HOT! Still dry--REALLY dry...be careful of fire.
- February 3, 2017--Early spring after puny winter. Sprinter?
- No winter to speak off. Call it an early spring. Look for a scorcher of a summer starting right smack dab on the 4th of July. Dry. Really dry.
- January 22, 2016--Early Spring!
- Goin' out on that limb again this year and predicting an early wet spring, rain into June and then dry, dry, dry. HOT summer!
- January 26, 2015--Oklahoma Surprise--No Surprise.
- Dry spring, late, after a nothing winter that won't get in gear until February. Warm days and then ice--you know the drill.
- January 29, 2014--Heck If I Know...
- Guess I'll go with an early spring again this year. Got blasted last year, but a fella can't always be right, now can he? Crocus is staying underground, but those daffy dillys are testing the air, so I'll go with spring and regular visits from the Polar Express.
- January 22, 2013--On Again/Off Again
- Early spring--trust me... The temperatures will be up and down, but more up than down. Don't look for much from the flowers though, and be sure you've got a reliable water supply before trying a garden. The drought won't turn loose this summer.
- January 31, 2012--What Winter???
- You're asking about spring when we haven't had winter? It is spring. We'll get walloped sometime before St. Patrick's Day, but spring is already here and will bounce back. Not much moisture, though. Dry summer--hot. Bugs'll be awful. This too shall pass.
- January 20, 2011--Roller Coaster Spring.
- Not much of a winter but, still, a late spring. Temps will be moderate and up and down with late freezes after the fruit trees have started to bloom. It's Oklahoma.
- January 28, 2010-Early Spring.
- Spring will come early and be violent. Cold snaps and tornados are coming, but the crocus and daffodils are already coming up and the birds didn't go much further south than Dover. Don't plant annuals 'til May 1st.
- January 24, 2009-Early Spring.
- The trees aren't budding , but Hank's going out on a limb. Spring will come early with a late freeze after the roses have leafed out and it will be a dry year. Check those water hoses this winter--you're going to need them.
- January 19, 2008-Brrrr...Late Spring.
- Temps are up and down. Crocuses are late. Daffodils will bloom on time, but will be nipped by cold. Hank predicts that there will lots of warm days, but winter won't give up easy.
- June 13, 2007--Wanta Build An Ark?
- Hennessey's a little soggy. Hank predicts the rain will continue into the summer, but come to an end after the 4th of July.
- January 20, 2007--February Thaw
- Cold and wet down the prairie-dog hole, Hank keeps digging out and predicts an early but skittish spring--February warm-up with unexpected cold spells.
- March 13, 2006--Desert Spring!
- Hank predicts short dry spring, hot summer.